Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Ticks! Should I do something?

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Ticks! Should I do something?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    We’ve been having nightly hedgehog visitors to our garden all year, they come in like clockwork for the cat biscuits and water we leave for them. Never until this week have I seen any with ticks. But a few days ago I saw a hog with one, which I’ve read isn’t a problem. But one tonight had three clustered under an ear and more visible between its lower ‘edge’ spines, could be more underneath that I can’t see. The hog seems well otherwise (no lethargy, isn’t out in the day) but I’m worried for it. Should I intervene and take it to the vets or a rehaber to get them removed? I can only get the hog after 9pm when it visits, so would need to keep it for the night to take it anywhere. I don’t have a tick remover myself. I’m guessing I should leave it alone unless it shows signs of being unwell?
    Thanks in advance,
    Naomi

No leave it unless you notice it coming but not eating, or other signs of illness

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog