Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Too early for babies ?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Too early for babies ?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by stef.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Well I have just sat in the garden for an hour being very still. About 8.15 our usual hog came out of its house and took a walk around the garden then off out the hole in the fence. About 8.30 I hear crunching of food I leave in corner of shed as an alternative to the feeding station. Did not see where it came from. Maybe it squeezed in behind shed. Every five minutes I can hear a double grunt. Sounds like its coming from the house where the other one came out. After a while I see a small hog appear from the same house. Although it is small I think it must be several weeks old at least. Would a hog share a house with a juvenile or do you think it is early breeding ?

Yes hogs will often share a house. It has no relevance to relations or anything it’s just they both want to be in the same house
    It is a little early for babies, but if you have hogs that haven’t hibernated because they’ve been getting enough food then it’s not impossible

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog