Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Trail Cam

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Trail Cam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I recently bought a trail cam to see if I was getting any visiting hedgehogs. I positioned it to face the hedgehog house and would check the film each morning. It didn’t take long to get footage much to my delight. I then would leave straw out each night and the hedgehog would take it into the house along with any dead leaves in the garden. I have now been filming him for about a month. The house is now full up and I have lots of film and photos. I often changed the camera position and I have learned a lot about hedgehog behaviour from the footage. Last night a second hedgehog was photographed outside the box while one inside was looking out of the tunnel!!
    The first thing I do each morning is check the footage from the night. It also lets me know the time he left the house and the time he returned. I am so glad I bought it.

Nic

Hi morganventura

Really pleased to hear that your trailcam has been such a success. They really are fascinating to watch. It’s lovely to see them building nests, carrying those great mouthfuls of vegetation into the hog boxes!

I hope you continue to enjoy the hogs’ visits, although they might be disappearing to hibernate quite soon. Maybe that one will decide to hibernate in your box. That would be good.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

Hello morganventura, I also love my cameras – I have two and the treat of the day is retrieving the camera and looking at the videos. hog devotee.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog