Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Trail cameras

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Trail cameras

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello, does anyone have any advice or suggestions for a reliable trail camera so I can monitor the visitors to me garden please? I’ve got 2 hedgehog houses and 2 feeding areas and I’m missing out on the activity, I just see the dirty dishes in a morning

Thanks
    Gill

Hello, I use a Crenova RD1000. It allows you to set a target recording time (e.g. 10pm-6am) and works very well for recording the hedgehogs in my garden. It is at the more expensive end (£60-70 on amazon) as trail cameras go. There are cheaper ones on amazon however I have not tried these so am unsure how they would compare. I would also recommend using rechargeable batteries as they can go through batteries quite quickly if using every night. For recording better quality videos ensure the camera has 1080P HD. You have to play around a bit to get the angles right but once you have positioned them well the footage is great.

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I will have a look into them. I can’t wait to get pictures

gosh just seen this thread and I have just asked for camera advice too…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog