Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Trained To Feed

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Trained To Feed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

…just went to shake the food silo n put some “bugs n kritz” in the saucer, jokingly called ‘come n get your bugs n kritz.. went in, glanced out of the French door to see this fella hot footing it at a pace up the path for a feed!

Before long you’ll wonder who is trained – you or the hog….
    Hogs can be quite regular in their patterns. I’ve heard stories of them banging on peoples doors if they are late providing dinner

Same again tonight hhh..munching his “bugs n Kritz”

How cute

Stef, are they also known to ring door bells?

Hi Hedgie Lover, there are a lot of people suffer the idiot Bell ringers at all hours of the night and early morning. One suggestion is, if it’s a wired bell, after it comes into the house put a switch in the wiring and switch it off at night. A cheap plastic lamp light switch works a treat. Second suggestion is, get a new wireless bell, you can switch them off at night as well. You just have to program yourself to switch it on in the morning! Still got my 3 hogs, going dark early now, so Big Benny was out at 10pm tonight! That’s two hours early for him. They’ve been having a rave up in the feeding station for the last three nights, all Spike gone every night and biscuit crumbs all over, plus big dollops of you know what left behind. I fear I won’t see the other two females now and think something must have happened to them. Makes me sad as Dinky Minky packed the food in last year till she eventually hibernated and made it through. Kitty, her mum, was very tolerant of her and would feed with her next to her. Not seen either of them since they came out of hibernation. The two little ones my be the offspring of one or the other of them. Will just have to be patient, wait and see. Best wishes.

try not to worry so much, they might have found food elsewhere – lets hope so

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog