Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Two hedgehogs

Home Forums Champions’ chat Two hedgehogs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My little hedgehogs have not been seen for two nights now. I am hoping they have hibernated. Its very frosty here. There is a hedgehog size hole at the bottom of my garden under the compost heap. They are safe and sound in my garden. I have left fresh drinking water and some cat biscuits in their feeding station should they appear! At least the cat cannot get to it! I have cctv so can keep a close eye on them.

Nic

Well done, Benny Boy. Hopefully you’re right and they’re hibernating. I would leave some food out for a few days in case. Ideally water should be left out all winter – the only difficulty with that is trying to make sure it doesn’t freeze. But if it’s inside a feeding station, it’s a bit less likely to freeze.

Fingers crossed for a good hibernation for the hogs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog