Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Varnish

Home Forums Champions’ chat Varnish

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My husband made me a hedgehog house unfortunately he varnished the inside floor. I know you’re not supposed to. Is it a big problem should I get him to take it apart again or would it be ok ? Thanks

Nic

Oh dear, poor husband! Difficult question to answer. There is the ideal and there is what some people do who don’t even know they’re not supposed to. I’m sure there are loads of hog houses around which have been varnished.

But, how easy going is your husband? Also how easy is it to change. If not too difficult, personally, I would try to change it. Especially if you are hoping a hog might have hoglets. It would be better for them and more likely they willl use it. Easy enough for me to say! I have no idea how easy it would be to do.

Hi,
    If it’s a big job maybe you could put a paving slab on top of the floor and loads of straw and dry leaves to make it comfy.

Thanks for the ideas 😁👍

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog