Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Very sad news

Home Forums Champions’ chat Very sad news

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Have had hedgehogs for many years, recently photographed 3 feeding .
    Sadly today remains of 2 in the road ,so tragic .

Nic

Hi 1peanutbutter

So sorry to hear about the hogs. It must have been very distressing for you to find them. I know how attached we all get to them and every dead hedgehog is a tragedy.

You might like to enter them on the Big Hedgehog Map, so that at least their deaths may help other hogs by helping to get a better understanding of where hogs live and where/how they die.
    https://bighedgehogmap.org/

I hope you still have hedgehogs visiting.

p.s. I don’t know why that link shows up as it does, but it is the Big Hedgehog Map!

I have added location on map but said no need for multiple sightings etc ,so couldn’t log 2 deceased.I have had one visitor tonight ,just hope there are some little hogs somewhere ,

Hi-
    That is very sad. The poor little hogs get it every which way- cars, poison, strimmers, diminishing natural habitat etc.
    We can only do our best. I hope your visitor continues to come.
    All our regulars have vanished.
    I just hope that continuing to leave food and water all over the garden will be enough to help them

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog