Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Video – Hedgehog in Sweden comes when called

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Video – Hedgehog in Sweden comes when called

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Avatar photoJens.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Link to video:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jensraberg/40672487075/in/album-72157672476221933/lightbox/

So happy to see the first hedgehog this year! The sound I make is to get the hedgehog close. Maybe it is intrerpreted in hedgehogish to “Feeding frenzy”.

After this I went back with food and water. Found hedgehog 100 metres away. Threw food closer and closer and in the end handfed it for 20 minutes and it was drinking a long time from a plate with water I brought.

My way of throwing food to hedgehogs without frightening: Lock the end of the thumb under the index finger with food on the end of the thumb. Put pressure on the thumb and make it throw the food.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog