Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Waking up

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Waking up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Just to let you all know the hedgehogs are beginning to come out of hibernation. Because the weather is going to get warmer this week I thought it might trigger the hedgehogs to wake up. I put the camera on and put some more food out and sure enough we had a visit. I weighed it checked it over and released it back to the feeding station where it happily ate for a few more minutes before scurrying off into the night. It had no ticks and weighed 540g which is a bit on the light side but I was happy with it. I rescued 4 in September whose average weight was 270g. After treatment for ringworm, fluke, ticks, fleas and a waterborne parasite 3 were released before the cold weather came in unfortunately one didn’t make it. The winter before I successfully overwintered 4 before release. These are all hedgehogs that come to my feeding station.

Great story, by the way, how did you organize that feeding station?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog