Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Waking up after winter.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Waking up after winter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We live on a farm and for the past 3 year (at least) we’ve had hedgehogs in the outbuildings.
    Two years ago a female raised 4 hoglets under one of the horses mangers, last year we just caught glimpses of one, and this year, following an alert from one of the dogs, I’ve been putting food out in one of our barns along with the wildlife camera, and for a week have been seeing one.
    Last night we had 2, the original one (easily spotted as it has a cross on its back and is a bit untidy) and a slightly smaller, definitely neater one.
    Going to be a good year for them I think. 🥰

Nic

Hi Shires

Sorry it’s taken a while for you to get a reply. It’s great to hear that you have hedgehogs there. It’s always nice to hear about them in really rural areas because in general they aren’t doing so well there. I hope your camera continues to pick up their visits. Let us know how things progress.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog