Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

We had a (small) visitor last night!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings We had a (small) visitor last night!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

-6 and thick fog (terrible picture, sorry!!) but still getting Hogs all night long.

I intend to keep food/water out right through the winter for them

Hog

Picture quality is very good. He/she looks big.
    We are still having our regular visitor. He had to go to the vet so his last weight was 850gms. We think he was a May/June baby as he was smallish when he first showed up in September. Our trail cam has stopped working so can’t monitor him at the moment but the food is still going.
    Like you, I will keep feeding through winter just in case he doesn’t hibernate.

‘Horace’ is still visiting the feeding station each evening & if previous years are anything to go by it will be early New Year before he hibernates. Last year we saw four hogs together but this year, judging by the amount of food taken, it’s only one. Rather worrying.

We have had a hog again for the last 2 night.

No food taken for 2 nights running – apart from by the mouse!

Hog has been every night for the last week .

Hi just joined Hedgehog Street. I have a hedgehog visiting every night. Found poo evidence late November and to my utter surprise and excitement saw the perpetrator on 4 December. So bought some dried cat food made a station and bought a house! Just a tad excited! He/she is currently visiting every night. Also have a mini pond which is used regularly.

Nic

Hi Elizabeth J

Welcome to the Forum. Really pleased to hear how excited you are about the hedgehog/s. Most have probably gone off to hibernate now, but there are a few still around. Mostly youngsters, I suspect. I still have two visitors here – this year’s hoglets. It is beginning to look as if they might not hibernate at all. I still see them foraging on the grass each night (on video), so think they must still be finding some natural food. It does sometimes happen, that they don’t hibernate – I had one here last year. Even some of the really cold days we had last winter didn’t put him off – the only days he missed were a couple when the snow was too deep.

Good luck to you and the hedgehogs – I hope you continue to enjoy their visits.

“Something In The air tonight” (Hog is in ‘Wiffling’ mode and has got the scent of something desirable I think)

hog

hog

Down to a couple of Hogs a night now but they are still taking lots of food and water.

Had my last sighting here around three weeks ago. Still leave one camera out just in case. And food in one feeder.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog