Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

We have hedgehogs :)

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings We have hedgehogs :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’m new to the group.
    We have suspected that we have had a hedgehog in our garden for a few weeks now. we have several places where they can get in. A few weeks ago I spotted an unusual poo, which I thought was hedgehog and also noticed disturbance of soil by one of the fence holes. so we put out some cat food (there’s always a bowl of water out for my cats too) in view of our cctv and it picked up a Hedgehog.
    My husband put his wildlife camera out the next night, and the hog returned (along with a mouse!). The next night we were pleased to see two hogs together.
    We live in a rural village, next to a large area of sheep grazed grassland, so are hoping for more visits.
    Off to build a hedgehog house now and covered feeding station.

Congratulations with the hedgehog and welcome to hedgehog street! I hope that the hog comes and visits your garden again. I built a hedgehog home in our garden and our resident hedgehogs love it! In fact, they loved it so much that I brought two more hog homes and then I found out that it attracted more hogs to the garden. : ) Now I feed them every night and they love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Nic

Hi MinkyD

Welcome to the Forum.

Lovely to hear that you have hedgehogs there. It might seem counter-intuitive but hedgehogs are apparently having a harder time in the country than they are in suburbs, so it’s brilliant there are hogs there. Even in rural villages gardens are very important to hedgehogs so anything you can do to make your garden more hog friendly would be great for them. Really good that you already have fence holes and that there is always water available.

Hope the building works went well and that you soon get some tenants!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog