Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Were is my hedgehog

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Were is my hedgehog

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi can anyone give me can answer to were is the hedgehogs that I have had coming nearly every night through the winter,and all of a sudden for the last 3 nights nothing? I have a wildlife camera set up in my garden,and usually I have about 13 videos of 2 at least eating in my feeding station?
    Thanks.

not an answer, but mine have as well.
    nightly visits clearing most of the food left, have had the odd night, but been 2 nights now. and also have a camera, think we did have 3 visiting but not for past 2 nights.

Thanks for your reply we will just keep the bowls going with there hedgehog biscuits .

Nic

Hi Spikey999 and gary101a

It may be that the hogs are visiting other parts of their ranges. The males have larger ranges than the females and the males are usually the first to return after hibernation. They may have come to you first, because you were providing food, but now they have fed up a bit, are exploring other parts of their ranges. Also other people may have begun to provide food. It’s also possible that some females are around now, so they may be using more time on courtship activities.

So fingers crossed they or some other hogs will turn up again soon.

Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog