Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

weres the hogs

Home Forums Hedgehog tales weres the hogs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

we have had regular hogs male and female for months in our feeding station and hedgehog house.
    but 2 weeks ago the male all of a sudden stopped coming and then two nights ago the female has stopped coming we are worried about them. any one had the same experience?

Nic

Hi Spikey999

Don’t worry, it’s that time of year again, when the hogs disappear to hibernate. Some disappear a bit soooner than others, so you might hear that there are still some around in some places, but that might just be down to the local conditions. Hopefully the hogs will return safe and well next Spring.

You might be interested in reading this (from News), written by Hedgehog Street’s new Hedgehog Officer, Grace: https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/should-i-keep-feeding-hedgehogs-over-winter/

hi nic
    thank you so much for your reply that helps us a lot to understand the hedge hogs behaviour this is our first year putting food out ect and we clicked on the link you sent as well thanks a lot for your help.

Nic

Thanks, Spikey999. I’m happy to help. I know what a worry hedgehogs can sometimes be – especially at this time of year. Fingers crossed for them all to have a successful hibernation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog