Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

what on earth was that?

Home Forums Champions’ chat what on earth was that?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I don’t think she knew I was trying to help her – because I don’t think she was ill – she might have been struggling with the cold, I don’t know what kind of nest she had – I do thing she enjoyed being warm and, for sure, she enjoyed the food. She had never had dog food before, just small amounts of spikes from the feeding station (cos they don’t always stay in that long (20mins was the longest time). She had a bowl each night – and it would last her til morning. So she enjoyed that I think, more than anything.

I made sure I woke up at sunrise (about 7.15-7.30am) to check on her, and even if she seemed asleep, she’d come out of her box and look at me like a dog looks at you when they want a treat – I didn’t cave in, but I did this morning, given that it was my last day with her – I gave her a little bit of dog meat, which she ate the whole lot in one go and then started attacking the bowl hoping more would magically appear. I did admit this to the hospital, she just smiled – probably knowing herself that they are irresistible.

I don’t know how she coped today somewhere new, but reckon she’ll be fine once she gets her pedigree chum and cat biscuts, and gets to sleep in a nice sleeping bag/pouch, when she wakes up, after a belly full of food and a good sleep, she’ll be fine.

this isn’t Sweetpea, but this was the look I got every morning – and like this hedgehog, she’d look at her empty bowl and then give me that expectant look like dogs do.

https://www.facebook.com/halifaxhedgehogs/videos/vb.1812037059089304/522207505288248/?type=2&theater

I did manage to resist, but caved today, but it was the last day.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog