Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

What time should a hedge hog wake?

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog What time should a hedge hog wake?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

we have only recently put out a hedge hog house as we saw hedge hogs in garden. We put some straw in and put a bowel of food in corner (we have foxes that visit as well so we wanted to keep hedge hog food safe) We had a few nights of visitors and a few nights with nothing. Then a few days ago I went out in the morning to check the food as I always do and there was a hedgehog sleeping. I shut the lid and left it alone. That evening about 11pm I went out planning to clean out any uneaten food but hedge hog was still in the box but it was awake. I left it alone and didn’t disturb it for 2 days. I then went out about midnight and it’s still not left the box. It’s obviously been out at some point as the straw as been disturbed. I’m a bit concerned it’s not leaving the box much? Should it be out and about by midnight? Should we be concerned it’s not? I was going to clean out the straw and replace it but every time I try it’s still in there lol

I would leave the box well alone now. He maybe trying to hibernate but you keep disturbing him. I would leave some food and water outside the box from now on. If you keep lifting the lid..he will probably move out. Put some nice fallen leaves and straw next to the house so he can build his nest further xx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog