Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

What's the best video camera for recording hogs in feeding stations…

Home Forums Champions’ chat What's the best video camera for recording hogs in feeding stations…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve been recording hedgehogs for a couple of years now – relying on a Trail camera. It’s given me some good footage but there’s a lot I’ve missed or isn’t clear enough when I’ve used it inside a feeding station, because the space hasn’t been big enough.

I’d be keen and very grateful to hear from anyone who’s got a recommendation for a camera that will give some good quality footage inside a confined space like a feeding station.

Nic

Hi Beachhog

Sorry no-one has replied before – it’s still a bit quiet on here until more hogs return from hibernation.

Sorry I can’t be much help – I only have trail cams, but I do remember people having cameras in boxes. I wonder if you can use the same ones they use for bird nest boxes? Alternatively, I try to feed the hogs out in the open in the Summer with a table over the top if it’s raining. Then I get a really good view of the hogs and so do the cams.

I expect someone else who has an inside box cam will be back soon and be more help. Good luck.

Hi Beach log
    Ive only ever used trail cameras but like Nic said i think your best option is a bird box camera, these are designed for close range focus and will film night infra red in real time so you can have it wired to your tv or computer

Hi guys, I use trail cameras too but thought about investing in a nest box cam for my new feeding station. I.haven’t bought one yet but some useful information can be found here;

https://www.ukwildlifecameras.co.uk/nest_box_camera_kits_diy/wireless_cmos_bird_box_camera_kit_P623.html

I’ve no idea what their cameras are like but it gives some helpful info on setup etc…

@Beachhog This guy should be able to help you: https://wildlifegadgetman.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog