Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Where’s my babies gone

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Where’s my babies gone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I long for a hedgehog in my garden a few years ago i had a female one who had 2 babies then one day they were all gone, it was such a shame as she had her babies in the hoggy house, since next door have moved in NO sightings since so were did my babies go, how can i get another oneto visit ??

Nic

Hi Lesley

Don’t worry, it’s still quite early, yet for the hogs to return from hibernation, especially the females. I have found, here, that the female hoglets seem to stay in the area, but the males tend to move on elsewhere. So it depends a bit whether the hoglets were male or female. Hopefully one or some will eventually make their way back.

In general, the way to encourage hogs to visit your garden is to make it as hog friendly as possible. There are some ideas in this link https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/help-hedgehogs/helpful-garden-features/ That will encourage the hogs natural food, but you could also offer some supplementary food, i.e. cat/dog/hog food. Also water is very important and best offered all day every day. Fairly large but shallow plant saucers are ideal for water.

Good luck, I hope you have some hog sightings soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog