Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Young Hedgehog Alone

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Young Hedgehog Alone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It seems our resident hedgehog, Jenny, has had at least one baby. For the last two nights I’ve seen him wandering about on his own, with no sign of his mother or any other siblings. I lost saw his mother about a week ago and she had no babies with her. He looks just like a miniature hedgehog but I’m unsure if his precise age and worried he may have gotten separated from her.

Any advice?

Update: It turns out there are actually aat least three babies. Still no sign of their mother. I managed to weigh two of them and they were both just under 200g each.

Please contact your nearest carer they may need help

I’ve managed to rescue two of them but haven’t seen the third for a couple of nights. Still looking though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog