Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hugh's Highway Petition Reply To: Hugh's Highway Petition

Well said Jan-Marie and I was just about to apologise for my rant. The thing is, the scale of the destruction didn’t hit me until I actually stood there with the camera. Then as I travelled further up the road I could almost have shed a tear for the poor displaced pheasant calling from beneath the few trees that are left in a factory car park next to a newly built discount supermarket. If this was just a one off then it wouldn’t be so bad, but the same scale of development is being repeated just a few more miles down the road in every direction. Like you say, the ones responsible for the reckless relaxation of the planning laws and wildlife destruction on an industrial scale will never be held accountable. How dare we lecture other countries on the destruction of their precious rain forests and endangered species, whilst we are busy obliterating our own on our doorsteps.

Oooops!…sorry for the second rant!

Hedgehog