Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog hedgehog with splayed back legs Reply To: hedgehog with splayed back legs

Hi Puds, The little hedgehog who is named Cutiepie by the little boy who saw him in the garden before I rescued him, is doing well Still getting treatment and weighing in at 164 grams. According to what I have read he is probably about 4 weeks old, should still be with mum and isn’t weaned yet. When he is better he will be off to Brent Lodge. The vet nurse has fallen in love with him and looking after him really well.
I have said that if Brent Lodge would like him to be released back here when he is big enough I would pick him up.
I don’t hold much hope for the other hoglets that were seen before this but will keep looking out for them.
The fox cubs are a pain when they get into the feeding station but they are so lovely too. I like all wildlife but we don’t encourage the foxes.
If it wasn’t for humans taking away all their natural habitat I am sure all the animals would get on just fine as there would be natural habitat and food for all.
What a world!

Hedgehog