Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog hibernating in damp hay – does it matter?

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog hibernating in damp hay – does it matter?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi again Nic. I didn’t realise that there was a potential problem with the so-called non toxic slug pellets but I now see on Googling that though they are not as bad maybe as the metaldehyde ones, they also may be toxic to hedgehogs.

So thank you for the link about ‘strulch’. The person has misprinted the word so I had to try and google that too to see what they were discussing. I will certainly buy that myself to try but not sure about the neighbour. I can only encourage him or buy him a bag of it for Christmas maybe (he comes to us for Christmas dinner so not such a mad idea.).

Nic

Hi Aggie

Well done with finding strulch. I tried searching for it, but my computer didn’t come up with anything sensible at all! (But if it keeps the slugs off dahlias, it must be good). That makes much more sense now.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog