Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog in the garden

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog in the garden

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

William C- So glad you have ditched the nighties for something a little more appropriate and that the HH’s no longer have you abiding by THEIR rules!!
    I am getting there and have progressed from my nightie to a pair of hedgehog print pyjamas. The neighbours have seen me in the front garden emerging from the shrubs on numerous occasions but I am lucky in that they are all fond of the hedgehogs and probably just think I am a bit mad.
    The cameras can be a bit of a pain and there is always one that doesn’t want to work and we had one memory card give up. It’s charging the batteries that gets to be a pain- 24 batteries now and only a charger that holds 4! But we manage and the other half does help out.
    Penny- How are the babies doing. This is another problem I have developed- Hoglet envy! Is there any hope for me?
    No footage from the side gate or back camera last night. Psyching myself up for watching the front camera. We have a lot of wood mice….222 clips yesterday, 6 of hedgehogs……….yes, I admit it, I NEED HELP

Hello again

Lots of brilliant reading here! How funny it is, I’m always dissappointed IF mrs Beryl Hog doesnt visit the garden, according to my cam, and my cam is the first thing I check each morning too. I’m clearly not accepting my Hog addiction though, because I won’t ask for help ๐Ÿ˜€

Loving the tips on here. Any help always welcome.

Good to see people admitting that they have a problem and taking steps to tackle it though recovery may take some time yet…. usually around November.

My recovery from Hogaholism was going so well. I’d stopped looking outside every 30 secs in case I’d missed something; I’d stopped worrying about there not being enough poo on the lawn and I’d even managed to stop topping up their water when it was raining (just in case!) but the tables are turning…..

The insurgent hedgehogs have noticed my attempts at indifference to their shows of force. There has been some apparent furious nest building in No1 Hedgehog Close with new twigs strewn around the place; straw being stolen from No2 and dumped in the doorway of No1 (to look obvious) and a very large leaf stuck in the entrance. As a recovering Hogaholic I know this isn’t real nest building and they’re just trying some emotional blackmail to try and get me excited about hoglets. It’s just too obvious a trap which I shall resist with all my might…. well, I’ll try……. dammit I’ve just put extra straw by the doorway.

Oh dear, relapse ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog