Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog road sign

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog road sign

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello!
    I want to get my local council to put up a hedgehog road sign – has anyone gone through the process and offer any advice?
    Best,
    Emma

Nic

Hi Emma

You might find this previous post about this subject useful.
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/forums/topic/hedgehog-warning-road-signs/

Good luck. Something has got to work sometime! Let us know how you get on.

It would be great to hear if anyone else has had success with road signs.

Hi Nic

There’s a hedgehog warning on the road sign by a roundabout on the Llantrisant Road in Cardiff, it’s been there over 14 years but I don’t know how many people ever take notice of it. The only one I’ve ever seen.

Nic

Hi Annie

That’s interesting! So that must have been under the old rules – although they may be different in Wales – not sure.

But good to hear someone was successful, even if we don’t know how!

But yes, whether anyone takes any notice is another matter. One of the people I spoke to at the Council suggested that they might even have a negative impact. It may be a question of having a good idea of a local area, when deciding whether it was a good idea or not.

Thanks, both, I will give it a go anyway!
    There are signs that you can put on your own land if you live on a busy road: https://shop.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/product/slow-down-warning-sign/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog